Tuesday, October 7, 2008

My Birth - What a Rush!

Jeez, looks like i have some catching up to do. I'm already 8 days old, and I haven't even told you all yet about how i was born and stuff. I have been so busy lately, with eating, sleeping, and pooping, that it has been hard to find any extra time to get on this computer.

I have to sneak on here when nobody is looking, cuz right now I'm supposed to be napping. Ha, don't tell on me... I'm doing this for you guys!

Anyway, a lot of this story of the birth is second-hand, so I can't even confirm it, as I was inside trying to get out. But here is how I understand it...

My mom and dad go the hospital around 1:30 in the morning, I guess they thought it was time for me to come out. I'd say they were right, i was already 3 days past due, and i was getting pretty bored. The nurses and doctors told mom that she was only 1 cm dialated, and that bummed her out pretty good, as she thought she was much closer than that.

Things progressed and they eventually admitted mom to a birthing room, and put her on oxygen, and they were concerned that i wasn't getting enough oxygen. Something about my heart rate dropping dangerously low with every one of her contractions. Check out this pic of her, what a trooper!



Well the issue with my heart rate got worse. (so they say... I felt fine, just ready to get out of that tight spot). So, the doctor decided it was in the best interest of mom and me that they perform a C-section. Mom got pretty upset at this, as she wanted to have me the natural way. (But hey, it's no big deal mom, i'm here now, and that's all that matters!) So, the whole gang got prepped and ready to go. Check out my mom's sweet hat, and dang, my dad sure looks good in that zoot suit! And would you believe that my sister Gab slept through the whole thing?! She's sooo crazy!!


So, after some surgery and stuff, the doctor grabs and and pulls me out of my mom!! What a wild ride. One second I was warm and relaxed, then all the sudden BAM!!! I'm out in the real world! I have to admit, i wasn't really happy about it at first. Here is one of the first shots of me. And then one of me on the scale. Dad had his camera in the Operating Room... what a crazy dude!! My blue-ish hands and feet kinda creeped my dad out, and he was a little worried, but the nurses assured him that this was normal and nothing to worry about. The doctor then took the camera and started taking some pics of us all together. What a cool guy! Here's my three favorites...
















So, after all that excitement, they put us up in a nice room, and i slept in a clear box for about 4 days, HA!

No comments: